Originality, creativity, coolness: The leading Portuguese business schools- Católica-Lisbon and NOVA SBE – have teamed up with MIT Sloan to create a unique MBA experience.
The Lisbon MBA is a joint project between the 2 top business schools in Portugal, Catolica-Lisbon and NOVA-SBE, in collaboration with MIT Sloan School of Management. It is one of the best MBAs in the world according to the 2014 Financial Times Top 100 Global MBA Ranking:the 52nd best MBA in the World (17th best MBA program in Europe),the 2nd worldwide in the "Value for Money" category and the 3rd in "International Course Experience".
Why should one study at The Lisbon MBA?
This full-time, 12-month program allows each student to live in up to 3 different cities throughout the year. Applications are open from February 15th until September 30th. Classes start January 2015 and end in December of the same year.
- 3 World-Class Institutions: The Lisbon MBA International Program is a collaboration between the two top business schools in Portugal, Nova SBE and Católica-Lisbon, in collaboration with MIT's Sloan School of Management.
- Integrate the right and left sides of your Brain: A core curriculum in the fundamentals of management is complemented by theFriday Forum.These Friday Forum are a cornerstone of The Lisbon MBA International's approach to interpersonal development and leadership. Through fresh and unexpected exercises, students explore core competencies of today's manager - including creativity, leadership knowledge and experience integration, and resilience.
- MIT Immersion: Take classes and enjoy resources at the Sloan School of Management during a summer stay in Boston (USA) that will give you an in-depth exposure to the culture and pratices at the forefront of business in USA. Students can expand their network by getting to know students, faculty and businesses based in Boston.
- Real-World experience: Throughout July and August, you'll gain real-world experience and additional networking opportunities with a company or organization in your chosen industry. Our Career Management Center works with you individually to identify the right project from the start of the MBA program.
If you choose not to complete a Summer Project, you have the option to participate in the InternationalLab, which brings together students from The Lisbon MBA and Fudan MBA (Shanghai, China) or INSPER (São Paulo, Brazil) on a real project for a real company.
Entrepreneurs can also choose the Entrepreneurship Hub that offers the chance to explore entrepreneurial ideas and skills while taking advantage of the numerous learning and networking opportunities that will be provided.
- Professional Development: Learn the art of career planning with our Career Management Services.
- Lisbon Lifestyle: The romantic and bustling Portuguese capital is your home-base during several months of the program. Lisbon, a vibrand city full of life, rich in history and culture - ranked by the Trip Advisor as having the friendliest locals in Europe and also as one of the world's top cities with best value for money.
Key Strengths of The Lisbon MBA:
- Partnership with MIT. The Lisbon MBA is currently the only supported European MBA partnership of MIT.
- Small Class. Dedicated attention in class and full career support.
- The right balance between Analytical and Personal skills.
- Cost of living in Lisbon is extremely low compared to other western European cities.
- Different learning methods
- International Faculty
Innovating in Business Education:
The unique Lisbon MBA curriculum integrates the fundamental cognitive skills of managers with intensive training of the emotional and interpersonal competences of leaders. The small size of our classroom allows professors to give personalized attention and feedback, thereby drawing out your individual strengths while learning.
Students of The Lisbon MBA International program immerse themselves during four fast-paced weeks at MIT´s Sloan school of Management in Boston, USA. Attending classes and accessing resources at MIT gives students an in-depth exposure to the culture and practices at the forefront of business in the US. Students can expand their network of relationships by getting to know classmates and faculty based in Boston.
Graduates of The Lisbon MBA International are entitled to the Affiliate status in the MIT Sloan Alumni Association. The MIT Sloan Affiliate status offers notable benefits:
- Access a worldwide and extensive network that includes MIT Sloan alumni and other partner schools;
- Register for MIT Sloan Club events, join discussion groups and add your personal contact information as needed;
- Participate in most MIT Sloan regional clubs and affinity groups;
- Receive the MIT Sloan Alumni newsletter that will keep you up-to-date on the latest groundbreaking researches, management trends, faculty's insights, alumni milestones and on-campus activities.
An international Internship provides additional networking opportunities and real-world credentials for students of The Lisbon MBA Full Time program. Throughout the year, students work closely with career management services to articulate their career goals and unique selling points. One-on-one coaching sessions and informational meeting with corporate contacts help students identify the right internship for their chosen career path.
Friday Forum are a cornerstone of The Lisbon MBA program approach to interpersonal development and leadership. Through fresh and unexpected exercises, students explore core competencies of today’s manager – including creativity, leadership, knowledge and experience integration and resilience. Students discover their own leadership style under theguidance of lecturers from MIT, NOVA-SBE and CATÓLICA-LISBON coaches, from the corporate world and from all areas of knowledge and alumni.
Students are encouraged to access the close–knit network of Católica-Lisbon, NOVA SBE and MIT Sloan alumni for career mentoring and support. Our prestigious alumni network includes top executives and entrepreneurs from leading businesses in Portugal and abroad.
2014 International Class Profile:
- Gender: 20% Female and 80% Male
- Average Age: 32 years
- Average Professional Experience: 8 years
- Professional Background:
- Business: 32%
- Engineering: 41%
- Sciences: 12%
- Social Sciences: 12%
- Arts: 3%
- 35% International Students
Triple Crown Accreditation:
Universidade Católica Portuguesaand Universidade Nova de Lisboahave earned several accreditations from international agencies.
Both Nova and Católica hold the Triple Crown - which means that the business schools have undergone international accreditation from the world’s foremost accrediting bodies - AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. The three accreditations are awarded as a result of rigorous quality assessment processes and this Triple Crown is your assurance that the school provides programs of the highest quality and meets the highest international standards.
The Lisbon MBA is among the 63 B-schools in the world that have been awarded with the Triple Crown.
Don't stop here. Learn more about how The Lisbon MBA can achieve your career goals.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 27, 2016