The Amsterdam MBA

Amsterdam Business School

Program Description
EFMD Equis Accredited
AACSB Accredited

The Amsterdam MBA

Amsterdam Business School

The Amsterdam MBA

The Amsterdam MBA programme is a post-experience degree for ambitious managers and professionals to help gain a better understanding of general business management and strategy functions. We promote effective leadership and use personal approach teaching in small, interactive classes, linking theory to practice. The Amsterdam MBA programme has a truly international faculty, student body and curriculum, which includes our Amsterdam Leadership Programme® and International Study Trip. The University of Amsterdam Business School is located in one of Europe’s main business and financial centres.

The Amsterdam MBA will introduce you to the three R’s: rigour, relevance and reliability.

As a multidisciplinary programme, an MBA must be taught with academic rigour. Practical issues differ across industries, locales and time, and are crucial to understanding underlying theories. We make theory relevant by linking it to practice, bringing the world of business into our classroom and taking you out into the business world. Reliability is key to confidence in your knowledge and understanding of its limitations. As a business manager, you need to be able to talk to various specialists in their own language, but also know when to defer to their expertise.



Curriculum
The Amsterdam MBA is offered as a full-time, one-year programme and a part-time, two-year programme. All the primary business topics are taught in the core courses. By choosing four electives, the Amsterdam MBA can be tailored to your own interests. The curriculum provides broad coverage of the main functional areas of management: strategy, executive process, corporate finance, accounting, international business, marketing, information systems, human resources, negotiations.

Our keen awareness of the importance of leadership competencies in professional development led to the establishment of our Amsterdam Leadership Programme®. Through this programme, we aim to give you high-quality business and management training that will enable you to develop into an effective leader who is internationally oriented and characterized by a strong understanding of the importance of a genuine, personal approach.

Career prospects
Typically, graduates go on to careers in areas in which a thorough understanding of the complexities of international business is essential. Our personalised career service helps students make sound career choices and assists them in areas such as writing cover letters, preparing a professional CV and interviewing techniques. Our MBA students have been very successful after their graduation. For our graduating classes of 2010 and 2011, most students (82%) found a job within three months after graduation, while the other 18% found a job within six months after graduating. Average salaries increased by 24% compared to pre-MBA levels.

Admission and Contact Information
To receive an indication of your eligibility to the programme, please use the CV Quick Scan on our website (www.abs.uva.nl/mba). For other questions related to your admission or general information about the Amsterdam MBA programme, please contact our admissions team at admissions-MBA@uva.nl.

www.abs.uva.nl/mba

This school offers programs in:
  • English


Last updated September 19, 2016
Duration & Price
This course is Campus based
Start Date
Start date
Sept. 1, 2017
Duration
Duration
1 - 2 years
Part time
Full time
Price
Price
33,900 EUR
Information
Deadline
June 30, 2017
Start date Sept. 1, 2017
Place
Netherlands Amsterdam
Application deadline June 30, 2017
End date Aug. 31, 2018
Duration 1 - 2 years
Price 33,900 EUR
(full-time)