The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation's most preeminent institutions, is pleased to offer its first-rate MBA program in the DFW area.
The Texas MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth is a two-year graduate business program designed for managers and professionals who want to pursue an MBA while maintaining their careers. Classes are held on Friday evenings and all day Saturday with two one-week Austin Intensive Courses integrated into the curriculum. Students attend classes in the fall, spring and summer semesters.
- Integrate innovative business strategies with applications to current and future work environments
- Learn to create tactically integrated plans to achieve corporate goals
- Develop effective managerial skills
- Understand the economic, social, technical, and political forces driving worldwide change in industries and markets
- Increase competencies in key functional areas of business
- Gain command of the business concepts and tools required to design and implement strategic plans and improve net results
- Develop the ability to analyze, structure, and lead organizations through change
The Texas MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth curriculum prepares students to lead, build, and manage enterprises that create value for stakeholders and constituencies in a dynamic, global economy. The hallmarks of the MBA at DFW program include a common educational experience that prepares all students for success and a collaborative rather than competitive learning environment. The Texas MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth curriculum consists of 48 credit-hours and includes 21 course topics, 2 one-week-long Austin Intensive Courses and the Capstone Integrative.
Our goal is to give all MBAs the same business fundamentals of business and to endow them with general management competence. Through the core, the faculty seeks to instill these essential business skills and values:
- A contemporary, real-world managerial perspective
- Business ethics
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Cross-functional problem solving
- Effective written and oral communications
- The ability to manage change, risk, and crises
- The ability to manage human resources and diversity
- Personal presentation skills
Additional Program Features
The Texas MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth curriculum is complemented with several additional features that include a Global Study Tour at the end of the spring semester of the first year, a one-week Austin Intensive Course at the beginning of each fall semester, and the Capstone Integrative beginning in the spring semester of the last year. The program also includes a career development plan to assist students with their professional goals. In addition, students have the opportunity to experience "Washington Campus", which involves a trip to Washington, D.C. to learn about business and public policy process.
Managers and professionals who want to pursue an MBA while maintaining their careers.
This school offers programs in: