One-Year Sustainable Entrepreneurship MBA
Are you content with just "business as usual" or are you someone who is interested in business to change the world? The University of Vermont's new Sustainable Entrepreneurship MBA (SEMBA) program prepares students to create profitable and sustainable business opportunities in a world undergoing transformational change. We're looking for people like you - people not content to do things the way they've always been done, the disrupters, innovators and visionary entrepreneurs. Leaders who think differently and know there's a better way to do business, and who are ready to embark on a business education that will prepare them to live differently, lead differently and profit differently. We've called it the Sustainable Entrepreneurship MBA and, well, it's different - not an MBA-as-usual.
- It's Accelerated: A one year program designed to get you back out there, inventing or reinventing your enterprise as soon as possible.
- It's Vermont DNA: Learn from, and develop relationships with, leaders from a master class of sustainable enterprises, including Ben & Jerry's to Burton Snowboards, Cabot, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and Seventh Generation.
- It's Global Access: Students will enjoy access to business and entrepreneurs around the world through our connection to the BoP Global Network.
- It's Real: Do meaningful, high-impact work with international partners that have on-the-ground access in emerging markets and the developing world. For example you can spend your practicum experience in India working with our partner The Emergent Institute in Bangalore, India. You will also be working with the Office of Technology Commercialization to bring the latest clean technologies to market.
- It's Cutting-Edge Thinking and Practice: You'll be interacting with some of the leading thinkers and doers in the field of sustainable enterprise including professor Stuart Hart, Gustave Speth, and the Dean of the school Sanjay Sharma among others.
- It's Multi-disciplinary: We've designed a unique curriculum delivered by passionate faculty from our School of Business, Department of Community Development and Applied Economics, and nationally ranked Rubenstein School of Natural Resources as well as the Gund Institute and Vermont Law School
- It's An Affordable, High-Value Investment: We're offering substantial scholarships to increase accessibility and opportunity at UVM, a school Bloomberg BusinessWeek calls "a top school for high salary grads."
This is not business as usual. It's a determined effort to develop the next generation of leaders who will build, disrupt, innovate and reinvent sustainable businesses and enterprises in a world that demands it. Give us a year. Together we'll reinvent the way we do business.