Master of Business Administration
This Master of Business Administration (MBA) will accelerate your management career and teach you how to solve real problems in a global business environment.
It is suited to recent graduates with a degree in any discipline but with typically less than 4 years' work experience.
The Business Mentoring Program offers you seminars with guest speakers, group work and case studies, individual mentoring and coaching and career preparation.
All of our business mentors hold at least 15 years of experience, are active leaders in their respective fields, and will provide guidance and support for your working life.
You must complete, or be exempted from completing, 192 credit points that equal 16 courses (12 credit points each). The program is structured in stages to enable you to:
- gain a solid background in business
- undertake coursework that introduces core aspects of business practice
- combine core discipline knowledge with electives to consolidate the knowledge you have gained through your studies
- showcase your emerging business expertise through the final two compulsory courses Applied Industry Practice and Business Operations.
Applied Industry Practice is a compulsory work-integrated learning course studied in the final stage of the program. This course together with Business Operations Strategy and Application, a compulsory capstone course, are undertaken at the end of the program because they bring focus to the range of activities and knowledge you have acquired, and allow you to showcase your emerging business expertise.
It is recommended that you follow the sequence of courses presented in the enrolment structure which is based on your accumulation of knowledge and skills. For example, courses in strategy development that require an understanding of business analysis, marketing and finance are scheduled after functional courses introducing these concepts so that you can draw upon these skills in creating strategy activities. Likewise, you will first learn about your own development, strengths and style as a manager or leader before moving to the critical issues involved in managing and leading others.
Graduates of the arts, business, engineering, health, IT and more study this MBA to broaden their career options.
Program entry requirements
An Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 1.0 (out of 4.0)/50%/Pass.
Applicants with a GPA between 2.0 and 2.5 may be considered may be considered based on work experience and any additional qualifications.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band of 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL (Paper-based): minimum score of 580 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): minimum score of 92 with a minimum of 20 in each section
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
- Pearson: Minimum score of 58 (no band less than 50).
Last updated January 6, 2016