Master of Business Administration
Ranked among the world’s top 100 MBA programs (The Economist Which MBA 2011), a MGSM Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a learning experience that is both invigorating – and invaluable.
Providing a strategic business perspective and a complete grounding in the core elements of general management, this program extends, challenges and ultimately, transforms today’s management professional.
You will emerge a potential leader of the future, by focusing on the competitive advantages of enterprise and learning how to manage functional areas and the language they use (not their technical performance).
- Offered by the Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM), this is a generalist degree designed to give students a solid grounding in the core aspects of general management.
- Aims to provide a strategic business perspective, focusing on the competitive advantage of the enterprise, with exposure to leading edge management theory and practice.
- Prestige: MGSM has an international reputation for excellence in management education and is consistently ranked in the top tier of business schools worldwide.
- Contemporary programs: MGSM electives include International Study Tours, Management Consulting and Research, Dissertation and Internships.
There are four terms per year at MGSM
The full time student intake is at the beginning of term 1 in January and beginning of term 3 in June. Each term is of 10 weeks duration, week 11 is exam week and week 12 is a week of leave, followed by the next term. Each course unit at MGSM is conducted over a term, involving 40 hours of face-to-face classes. Beyond the 40 hours of face-to-face class time, MGSM estimates an additional workload of approximately 80-120 hours per unit for readings, completion of assignments, group work, meetings, study and exams.
Individuals already in positions of responsibility who have been identified as possessing higher management and leadership potential.
- Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent
- Minimum two years of relevant management or professional experience
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
Study online your first term
At MGSM, we recognise the need for flexibility in education. Starting 2013 students can also elect to study specific units from overses within the program via MGSM's new mode of study, Online Interactive Classes. MGSM plans to initially launch Online Interactive Classes for the units associated with the Postgraduate Certificate in Management. Additional units will be added over time and all core units will eventually be available to study online.