There is a need for managers and business leaders in Southern Africa who can conduct business responsibly and successfully, not only locally but also in the global marketplace.
The multidisciplinary MBA programme addresses this need with a practical orientation that provides managers, professionals and graduates with advanced management and business leadership education. The programme remains focused on key management areas while paying sound attention to the critical skills that make our students outstanding performers in the business environment. Future managers and leaders are also provided with insight and skills related to the areas of social responsibility, the environment and corporate citizenship.
The ‘golden thread’ underpinning the Milpark MBA degree is thus:
- Exemplary performance from our graduates that sets an example and commands respect.
- Responsible leadership that projects concern for humanity and the earth in the context of accountable business practice.
- Strong local business roots with a global vision, with deep foundations in the core competencies of managing a successful business.
- Analyse complex issues, think critically and appreciate alternative perspectives related to core business management issues.
- Apply, evaluate and synthesise current management theories in the main functional areas of financial management, human resource management, marketing management, ethics, governance, operations management, global economics and leadership.
- Appreciate and contribute to the development and implementation of the responsibilities that business has towards society in general, local communities and the environment.
Entry Route 1:
Admission to the qualification is subject to academic selection criteria. The applicant must:
- be at least 25 years old or older.
- have a recognised three‐year degree or equivalent (Note: an Honours degree, Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent is preferable).
- have a minimum of three to four years’ relevant work experience.
- be proficient in English.
- be computer and Internet‐literate.
- attend a compulsory induction session (two days).
- achieve an acceptable rating in the Milpark assessment test.
Entry Route 2:
In limited cases, admission to the qualification may also take place via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Access to Technology
Having access to the above online facilities is essential for efficient communication, learning and success. You will need
continuous (daily) access to study, and to submit and receive your assignments.
Minimum system requirements:
1. Reliable broadband internet access
2. Firefox/Internet explorer/Chrome web browser
3. Microsoft Word
4. PDF Viewer
5. Ability to scan and upload documents
6. Email/Cellphone for notification and communication.
The programme can be completed in a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years.
On successful completion of the qualification, the student will receive a Master of Business Administration, NQF Level 8. This qualification is accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee of the Council for Higher Education (CHE).