MBA - Master of Business Administration
If you're looking for a successful career in management, want to develop your strategic knowledge and want formal recognition, the University of Derby MBA with CMI Chartered Manager status is for you. This new MBA has been designed in consultation with regional and national employers, so it gives you the additional skills, knowledge and understanding to work effectively as a manager in the current and future business environment. It underpins your professional knowledge of business and management so far.
The University of Derby MBA is one of the few in the UK that has been designed in consultation with, and accredited by the CMI (Chartered Management Institute), the UK's professional body for managers and leaders with more than 86.000 active members worldwide. This means that on completion you will be awarded the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Leadership and Management, and, as long as you complete the Business Impact Report module, you can apply for the CMI Chartered Manager Status. Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in the managerial profession. This proves that our course meets the highest professional management standards.
The Benefits of CMI
CMI offers a wide ranging set of benefits to assist today’s manager.Whether you wish to progress more quickly in your career, plan for a future promotion or both, Chartered Manager demonstrates your ability and professionalism as a manager whatever your job specialisation.
The most important benefits for you
- Information resources: an extensive online resource packed with up to the minute best practice on the key management topics and issues.
- Research advice and support: trying to find answers on a key issue, CMI provides trained researchers who will provide a free to member service to find those answers for you.
- Free publication subscription: to the Professional Management and Management Today publications keeping you informed of the latest management theory and practice.
- Networking: frequent regional branch and national events, online forum and discussion groups that allow you to share ideas and create dialogue with fellow members.
- Redundancy support: free advice, practical support and an online job finding service to enable you to get back into a managerial position.
The MBA course follows a progressive and structured framework that enables you to enhance and apply skills of critical and ethical evaluation and synthesis, strategy development and its implementation, enquiry based learning and independent judgment. You will develop a thorough understanding of the challenges of management and their implementation across core business areas. The emphasis is on integration of theory and practice, with core modules covering managing people, strategies, finance, marketing and operations.
You will understand how to improve business and management practice, both systematically and creatively, and will challenge pre-conceptions of both business and management. You will learn how to evaluate the need for change, and at the same time gain the skills to manage and lead these changes.
We will support you in the transition to master's level study so you will be able to become a vital part of any organisation, leading the business function within complex and unpredictable contexts. You will also benefit from the School’s Academic Development Scheme, which will help you complete successfully this demanding programme and from guest speakers from industry and professional bodies, so you will be learning the latest industry issues and be able to apply theories and scenarios to real life.
Language of Instruction: English or Greek
Candidates should have worked in a high level administrative position for at least two years, be over 25 years of age and be the holders of a degree of any specialisation, or a postgraduate qualification with relevant speciality. Those in older age groups who do not fulfil the above conditions may be eligible for the programme if they have significant working experience.
Supporting documents required are:
- Completed application form (contact the school);
- Translated into English and authenticated copy of qualifications /latest degree;
- Two letters of reference in English
- Confirmation of working experience in English);
- Four photographs;
- Certified copy of your identity card or passport;
- CV/resume in English;
- Good knowledge of English (IELTS 7 or CΑE or TOEFL 250 or equivalent);
- Academic interview.
Last updated October 1, 2015