One-year Accelerated MBA
Your choice of business program is an important one. You will only get to do this kind of program once, and thus the learning outcomes of the experience need to serve you well for your whole career. Having small classes and a very low student to faculty ratio is the only way to achieve this.
At CEU, we train leaders with a unique set of skills to tackle the challenges of a rapidly-integrating world. Few senior leaders of today are prepared for conducting business around the globe. As a result, many in the upcoming generation of managers will be rapidly promoted into senior positions if they posses the right skills.
Enjoying an endowment 3x the per-student value of that possessed by Oxford and Cambridge, we want to have a voice with some of the highest-potential young leaders. To fulfill this goal, we offer large merit scholarships to attract high-potential leaders. We fulfill our Mission, in equiping these high-potentials with the skills they need to reach the highest levels of leadership, and with an ethical core and stakeholder awareness they need to use their position to make the world a better place.
An Innovative and Highly Relevant Curriculum
The One-year Accelerated MBA’s structure provides the right balance between diversity of participants and individual attention. There are three key elements to the full-time program:
- A focus on global and emerging markets management through a unique emphasis on leadership across borders combined with a simulated Boardroom Executive Exercise and a real-world Action Learning project which will allow you to apply the concepts you will have gained in the classroom.
- A rigorous set of core subjects that you would expect from an MBA program, providing you with the knowledge and skills in key functional areas such as Finance, Marketing, Operations Management and Organizational Behavior.
- Through an extensive set of elective offerings, students can concentrate on functional areas such as Finance, Marketing, Real Estate Studies, and Entrepreneurship and broaden their knowledge of the Emerging Regions: China and its Economy, India and South East Asia, and the former Eastern Block.
- We have integrated theiPad into our innovative MBA curriculum.
Furthermore, to really understand how to do business in all corners of the world, you need these skills addressed throughout the curriculum, you need the right mix of students in the classroom, and you need a special setting for the learning environment. We believe we offer this special mix unlike any other school in the world. In addition, you will live this year in a special location for learning business in emerging markets.
Despite its small size, CEU's One-year Accelerated MBA program is truly diverse, with no dominant nationality and people from almost all continents.
- Ranked highly in a global survey of recruiting companies in Europe and beyond, by QS/TopMBA, a leading MBA information portal.
- Ranked #1 among schools in Germany, Austria, and Central Europe.
Succeeding Amongst the Best Worldwide
Our students frequently score top places at renowed business competitions spanning topics from financial analysis to business ethics.
- Our team placed 1st in the home country and thus reached the Europe, Middle East, and Africa final of the 2010 CFA Global Investment Research Challenge in Istanbul. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification is the premier certification for investment professionals and maintains active societies in 58 countries.
- In 2010, our team won three prizes at the Intercollegiate Business Ethics Case Competition in Anaheim, California: 1st prize for short-form presentation, 2nd prize for long-form presentation, plus a Special Innovation prize for suggesting organizational changes of the competition that saved the 15-year-old program from budget-related cancellation.
- We compete in the Global Management Challenge each year and reached the country finals in 2010. Central Europe traditionally has forwarded many global winners to the world finals of GMC.
Exciting Destinations after MBA
Our goal is to equip our students with a unique and powerful set of skills which puts them in high demand for a wide range of attractive employment opportunities. We regularly send students to top consultancies and financial services firms, and operating roles in industries like technology, life sciences, consumer, industrial, and more. With our parent university, we are also a leading feeder to NGOs like the UN, World Bank and IMF.
But initial placement is not the key benefit of a graduate business degree. Our graduates take the skills they develop in our small program to master global business issues, and eventually achieve positions like Country Finance Minister, founder of a leading European business publication, or ambassador to the United Kingdom.
We believe that we have a responsibility to make such knowledge, sophistication and skills available to the widest number of qualified potential leaders. A generous gift from George Soros will subsidize tuition for the incoming MBA class, widening access to the degree. The subsidy reduces our typical tuition rate by half. For that reason the subsidized tuition for our unique and state-of-the-art full-time MBA program is 12,000 EUR. Therefore, a superior, highly-respected and forward-looking MBA Program is now financially within reach of all qualified candidates. We welcome your application.
Tuition Reduction of 15% is granted to NGO and Public Institution Employees and to Alumni of all CEU Degree Programs.
- A non-refundable deposit of 1000 EUR is required to secure your place after the offer of admission. It will be deducted from the first tutition payment.
- Room and board is not included in tuition fees. Learn more on the low cost of living in beautiful Budapest.
- An additional 250 EUR will be charged for the read packs and case studies.
- Consult Student Services Office for updated Re-enrollment, Late Payment, and Late Drop/Add fees.
Loans and Financial Aid
Large banks in many countries offer loans at preferred rates for educational programs. CEU qualifies for Title IV loans in the US. The CEU Leadership Scholars Program offers full grants for high-potential candidates.
CEU Leadership Scholars Program
The CEU Leadership Scholars program is designed for talented, high-potential leaders who are committed to enhancing growth and prosperity in developing regions of the world. Up to ten CEU Leadership Scholars are selected each year. The award covers full tuition and a stipend for living expenses for the full-time, one-year MBA Program.
As the application deadline for the CEU Leadership Scholars Program was January 31st, 2012, the scholarship application form is no longer available.
Title IV Loan Programs
CEU MBA qualifies for all Title IV loan programs for US nationals and green card holders (Stafford, Perkins, etc.). CEU's Federal School Code is: G40215.
In line with our and George Soros' mission to educate leaders that help shaping open societies around the world, we encourage people from all national and professional backgrounds to apply. We are proud that each of our MBA classes does not only host business leaders, but also aspiring leaders of NGOs/non-profits and government agencies.
Candidates to both the One-year MBA and the Executive (weekend) MBA are required:
- A Bachelor's (or higher) degree in any field from a reputable institution
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience
- Strong command of English, demonstrated by your TOEFL (or equivalent tests) score
- A competitive GMAT or GRE score. Although we do not have a minimum score, your classmates will typically range between mid-500s and mid-700s, with many having scored above 600. Although the GMAT is only one of several admission criteria, a high score will increase your chances of being admitted significantly.
The TOEFL requirement is typically waived for native speakers of English and for students who completed their Bachelor's degree solely in English. The GMAT requirement can be waived for very experienced business professionals.
In several locations CEU organizes and sponsors an institutional paper-based TOEFL. Candidates who apply by January 25, 2012 may take the CEU examinations. These examinations will be held simultaneously on Saturday, February 11, 2012.
This school offers programs in: