MBA in Technology Management and Start-up Strategy
Residential: 1 week every 6 months, in Singapore.
MBA in Technology Management and Start-up Strategy is aimed at IT industry specialists who are in transition to management roles or those working in high-technology companies.
This programme focuses on a different intersection between information technologies and start-up business. With the rise in global outsourcing, off shoring, international business and internet channels, more and more companies are looking to designing and developing new products and services through technology management in order to strengthen competitive advantage, differentiation, profitability and growth. By gaining professional knowledge of technology management and start-up strategy is an important process for forward-thinkers who are with a strong interest in setting up their own business and growing their business through powerful technologies. It also provides necessary skills for professionals who work for international corporations and seek to build a solid foundation of start-up business when they enter a new market.
Students undertake 12 core modules and specialized modules to build the foundation of business and management knowledge for over 3 terms, which deepen students’ skills of strategic frameworks set to develop and expand the start-up organizations with cutting-edge technologies.
(Week 1 to Week 22)
- Operations and Value Chain Management
- Microeconomics and Managerial economics
- Residential Module 1 (week 10)
- Managing People
- Managing Finance
- Residential Module 2 (week 21)
(Week 23 to Week 51)
- Research Methodology
- Residential module 3 (week 36)
- Global Economics (Macroeconomics)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Residential module 4 (week 51)
(Week 52 to Week 75)
- Responsible Management
- Change Management
- Residential Module 5 ( week 63)
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- Residential Module 6 (week 75)
*Residential modules will be conducted on weekends.
The specialized modules of Technology Management and Start-up Strategy focus on how information technology can help start-up business growth. It develops students’ professional knowledge and skills of utilizing new and emerging information technologies to implement the strategy of a start-up business across the world.
Our Academic leader in this specialization is Damiao Lo. With a 17 year international track record of innovation encompasses implementing Internet web portal infrastructure, integrating legacy systems with Internet portals and providing business process solutions to internal and external clients.
The curriculum delivers the following topics:
- how corporate start-up business operates
- how innovation management fundamentals build up start-up business
- how to manage multi-cultural talent teams
- how informational technologies and digital marketing can boost a start-up business
- how to develop a start-up strategy to enter a new market
- how to utilize IT and start-up thinking in corporate environment businesses.
Students should do their final thesis work to develop a start-up strategy for corporate and incorporate with the utilization of information technologies.