MBA in Sustainable Business | A world-class program in Business & Sustainability
The MBA in Sustainable Business is a 1.5-year joint program of two leading Swiss universities: Business School Lausanne and University of St. Gallen:
- A 6-month MBA at Business School Lausanne
- A 1-year Diploma in Sustainable Business by BSL and University of St. Gallen
While the MBA part provides you with a solid business foundation and enhances your leadership skills, the Diploma in Sustainable Business part equips you with the skills and competences to work in the area of business sustainability. The result is a program that shapes you into a self-aware, sustainability-conscious management professional and gives you the foundation to grow as a leader.
Upon completion of the MBA in Sustainable Business, graduates are equipped to join a multinational, a consulting firm or a small-sized business and will contribute with relevant general management, specialized sustainability knowledge and excellent soft skills to the future success of any project they get involved in.
Why choose the MBA in Sustainable Business
- You will graduate with an MBA from BSL and a Diploma in Sustainable Business from BSL and the University of St. Gallen.
- Professors are seasoned business practitioners. Their real-life practical experience help to illustrate the current state of affairs in the business world.
- Practical learning including real-life simulations, strategy games, case studies and guest speakers.
- An opportunity to prove your ability in a real-life consulting project at your company or a project of your choice, and in turn broadening your employment possibilities in an existing or new role.
- Consolidate an MBA foundation with the future-orientated perspectives of the Diploma in Sustainable Business.
Diverse and experienced group
- Mature class with an average of 20 years’ business experience.
- Participants coming from 15 countries, allowing you to develop an important global network for life.
- Small classes with a maximum of 20 students.
We take leadership skills as seriously as subject knowledge and have integrated personal leadership modules into the program, representing 40% of our MBA foundation courses.
Our way of applying this is by integrating the top 3 requirements as defined by the CEOs who were in collaboration with when designing the program:
- Ability to lead and be flexible to change
- Be an authentic communicator
- Ability to easily adapt to different perspectives
The program is designed to develop these three competences.
Courses in this MBAprogram include:
- Personal Leadership & Management Skills
- Marketing and Competitive Positioning
- Corporate Finance and Finance for Entrepreneurs
- Strategic Management and Creating Sustainable Value
Specialization- the BSL/University of St. Gallen Diploma
- Global Challenges
- Strategic Implications
- Business Impact
- Subject Competence
- Leading change skills
- Project experience
- Bachelor degree
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Excellent English (for full-time students IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent; TOEFL 90, TOEIC 800)
- CV & 2 reference letters; GMAT recommended but not mandatory
Degree and diploma
Upon completion of the MBA in Sustainable Business at the Business School of Lausanne, graduates earn an MBA from BSL plus a Diploma in Advanced Studies in Sustainable Business from the University of St. Gallen (Executive School) and BSL.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 5, 2015