The Sports Management MBA at EU Business School is an interdisciplinary program designed to teach management skills such as sports marketing and management, sports advertising, media relations and sports sponsorship programs. The industry offers diverse and dynamic opportunities ranging from involvement in professional sports to managing events and private, public and corporate health and fitness clubs. Increasing awareness of fitness and wellness and the popularity of professional sports results in marketing and media opportunities and sponsorships. Sporting events, whether they are small local competitions or large events with worldwide exposure, require professional managers to ensure maximum benefit for all stakeholders. The curriculum is designed to prepare students for a wide range of managerial positions in sport-related fields.
Duration: Three Terms
Start Dates: October, January, March
Locations: Barcelona, Geneva, Montreux
Teaching Language: English
Dual Degree On Campus
MSc in International Management
For students who do not have two years of work experience
- Duration: Three terms
- Dual Degree Awarded: EU Switzerland private accredited MBA degree + an official MSc in International Management degree awarded by the University of Roehampton in London
For students who have two or more years of work experience
- Duration: Three terms
- Dual Degree Awarded: EU Switzerland private accredited MBA degree + an official MBA awarded by the University of Roehampton in London
Campus Exchange Programs: You can transfer to any of the four main campuses after any completed term. We also have exchange programs with a long list of other universities around the world.
Career Counseling: EU has departments in each campus to help students find jobs in their field of study.
Admission Requirements: Students must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Students must also have an intermediate English level.
Admission period: On-going throughout the year
The sports market is expanding in countries which are experiencing strong economic growth, such as China, Russia, Brazil and India, as well as other Asian, African, Middle Eastern and Latin American countries.
Important international sporting events are taking place worldwide. Examples include the Rio de Janeiro and Sochi Olympic Games and the Football World Cup in Brazil, Russia and Qatar.
The sports market is often identified through its media and commercial activities. It is breaking ground through the incorporation of various sectors into areas of the business world:
- Development of new sport-related media
- Optimization of new sports facilities
- Expansion of online games and betting
- Sports, the environment and sustainable development
- Sports organization within companies
- Charity sports and sponsorship
- Sports ethics and society
Proof of English fluency: TOEFL score 233 (computer-based), 577 (paper-based), 89 (Internet-based); IELTS 6.5; CAE C1; PTE score 59; English native or equivalent
Candidates must also meet two of the following:
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A satisfactory score on the GMAT or GRE
- 2+ years of professional work experience (may include military service)
Students not meeting these criteria will have an interview with the Dean and will be considered on a merit basis. For more information please contact the Admissions Department of your chosen campus.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 8, 2016