The programme's objective is to equip students with the skills necessary for eventual higher level management in the hospitality industry by focusing on those subjects that relate to the internationalisation of hotel and hospitality companies. The core focus is on strategic management with subjects including studying at Master's level, strategic international marketing management, enterprise development, project appraisal and feasibility studies, business cultures in developing new markets.
Requirements for Admission
- Degree with Honours in Hotel or Tourism Management
- successful completion of the IMI Postgraduate Diploma plus experience
- A Degree in other fields may be accepted, if supported with adequate professional experience
- IMI regards strong motivation and maturity as important as academic qualifications
- Proficiency in English: 600 TOEFL (paper-based), 6.5 IELTS, or equivalent
Applicants who do not have the required English level may join the four week Pre-Sessional English Course or the 10 week University English Preparatory Programme (UEPP).
Who is this programme for?
This 22 week intensive residential course, is followed by a 22 week non-residential programme for the field consulting project or dissertation. The whole programme is validated by IMI's UK partner, Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU). The course is designed for students with qualifications and/or experience in hospitality management who wish to develop their skills and understanding of the industry in preparation for middle and senior management positions.
Students successfully passing this course will receive two degrees:
- MBA in International Hospitality Management, awarded by IMI
- MBA in International Hospitality Management, awarded by MMU
There are two intakes per year - Summer and Winter.
This school offers programs in: