The MBA in International Business program is designed to prepare students for successful careers in international management to meet the needs of businesses, government, and economic development agencies at the regional, national, and global levels.
The key features of the program are:
- A twelve-month full-time MBA program
- A lock-step program of study that covers international aspects of all MBA subjects
- Small classes of about 15 to 30 students
- A globally diverse group of students
- Dedicated faculty and support to meet the needs of the MBA International Business students
The MBA in International Business program is offered in a full-time sequenced format that allows students to complete degree requirements in one year. Some courses require study outside of the United States, and travel costs are not included in the program tuition. Independent study and internships outside of the United States are encouraged but not required.
Students pursuing this degree must demonstrate proficiency in one language in addition to English.
Program Admission Requirements
Applicants for admission to the MBA in International Business program must submit:
- a completed application form
- transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores
- a personal statement
Applicants may also submit the following:
- a current résumé with employment or other experience
- letters of reference
Additionally, it is strongly recommended that students have two years of full-time work experience, as well as proficiency in another language than English and demonstrated interest in global issues.
The MBA in International Business program consists of 44 semester credit hours of coursework. This includes three leveling classes (9 semester credit hours). Students in the MBA in International Business are required to take the international sections of all courses.