This program will be conducted in English
Success in the Hospitality and Tourism industries requires the development of decision-making skills, thorough knowledge of the sector and a global strategic vision.
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, the programme particularly focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
Ostelea’s MBA has been designed with the aim of gaining a deeper insight into the main managerial and organizational processes in tourism companies from an applied and strategic perspective, as well as evaluating the interrelation between these processes through case studies, practical exercises and research projects.
Reasons for studying the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA at Ostelea:
- Reputation in the field of management and tuition quality: Ostelea is the result of a partnership between one of the world’s best business school, EAE (second best business school in Spain according to the Merco Ranking 2015), bringing its experience and reputation in management, with the Universitat de Lleida, Spain’s top public university in terms of the quality of the tuition (Fundación Conocimiento y Desarrollo), awarded the distinction of International Campus of Excellence.
- Multicultural approach: 66% of the students at Ostelea are international.
- Rigorous academic programme: based on cultivating strategic thought and specific knowledge of the hospitality and tourism industry, an essential blend for executive positions in the sector.
- Hotel business game: In the final tuition period, participants are organized into teams and they have to manage their own hotel company, competing on the global market that is dynamic and changing, in a realistic reflection of the real world, made up of other teams of students.
- Extensive programme of visits to hotels, hotel chains, tourism companies and public authorities: As the participants need first-hand insight into the reality and trends in the sector, accompanied by executives in the Hospitality and Tourism industries.
- Research group: Members of the Master’s academic faculty form part of EAE’s multidisciplinary tourism research group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
The objectives of the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA are as follows:
INTERNATIONAL VISION OF THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Providing executive tuition with an international vision of the tourism industry, together with a flexible and adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global setting. Integrating the main spheres of tourism management from an interdisciplinary and comprehensive perspective.
Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies. Enabling the acquirement of knowledge and skills in terms of new technologies applied to tourism and e-Tourism, in particular.
Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and businesspeople in the tourism sector in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 5 modules:
- Operational Management in Hospitality and Tourism
- Marketing and Commercial Management
- Strategic Management of tourism companies
- Elective Courses
- Master's Thesis
Each of these modules is comprised of several courses
The Professional Careers Service is a department providing support for current and former students which aims to guide and accompany students as they strive to reach new professional goals, as well as adapting their professional expectations and interests to be more closely in line with the employment market.
- Hotel director or manager, or manager of other types of tourism establishment
- Operational Director or Department Manager in tourism companies.
- Corporate Director in hospitality and tourism companies, in any of the functional areas.
- Director of companies operating in the tourism sector in general.
- Positions of responsibility in companies and public institutions in the sector.
- Positions in auxiliary companies in the fields of marketing and commercialization linked to the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Business entrepreneur in the tourism sector, or related sectors.
- Tourism and hospitality consultant/advisor
Professional Careers Service
- Employment Exchange
- Employment Workshops
- Company Meetings
- Graduate Programme
- Weekly Newsletter
- 4th Year Degree Entrepreneurs Series
- Online Employment Forum
A few statistics from our Employment Report 2014:
- Every day, 10.5 offers of employment and internships are posted on EAE’s Employment Portal.
- 89% of our students find employment within six months of completing the Master, with 47% finding work before completing the Master.
- 6% of our students start their own business project on completion of their EAE programme.
- 73% of EAE students took on greater professional responsibilities after completing their programme.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Barcelona campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION:
- The qualification of Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality.
- The qualification of Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School.
- The qualification from the Universitat de Lleida.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 14, 2016