One year full time postgraduate Degree Course
The world is globalizing and we are in the middle of it!
This fact requires a changing profile of management skills. Our MBA course aims to provide the opportunity to junior managers to gain specific competences which are essential for successful global business today. We congratulate you for taking the opportunity and the challenge of learning together with people who share the same values although coming from different backgrounds. At the end of your studies you will feel more confident and prepared to face the challenges of a multinational business environment around the globe. The choice you make today will make a difference to your future.
The program is characterized by a highly qualified teaching staff, an inspiring international and diverse student body, a faculty which offers a unique environment for intellectual exchange, joint research combined with academic excellence, practical orientation and an in-company internship.
Since the course structure is based upon different modules there is no final general exam. Students have to pass an exam in all ten modules. After passing a module students will gain the determined number of credit points. Students must achieve 60 ECTS Credit Points in total.
- Diversity Management & Ethics aims to provide students with the capability to apply cross-cultural management skills in negotiations, marketing, leadership etc. Additionally, students will have developed skills to identify, to analyse and to better cope with ethical conflicts in business and will have acquired professional skills to develop an ethical code for a company and make it work after completing the course.
- Global Management consists of two components: "strategic management and globalisation" and "organizing international and global business". This modul provides learners with a deepened knowledge of internationalisation strategies, concepts and instruments of strategic management, and a systematic knowledge in international marketing.
- Research & Communication introduces "quantitative methods" to analyse data and apply statistical analyses.
- In Global economics students acquire the competence to make sound decisions concerning international economic issues especially with respect to international trade and trade policy. They will be familiar with the fundamental causes of exchange rate fluctuations as well as the key determinants of international capital flows and will be able to take up an individual position in discussions of this field.
- Operations Management, Logistics and MIS addresses adequate solutions for logistic problems. Students will be able to use information systems (MIS) in companies and understand the interplay between strategy, organization and information systems.
- International Finance and Accounting consists of "Global Finance" addressing cost of capital for overseas investment, international transfer pricing and international tax planning and optimizing, and "International Accounting" introducing managerial and financial accounting function from an international perspective.
- Management Functions in Global Business includes both marketing and HR. The aim is to make students aware of the requirements of a well conceived and implemented marketing programme for international sales. Additionally, they will learn about the eminent strategic relevance of IHRM for the effectiveness of MNEs and will have the competence to elaborate an adequate concept of staffing and individual career planning for global business.
- International Legal and Tax Framework introduces basic principles of private international business law and addresses the purpose, kinds, regulation and use of taxation in international business.
- Project and Quality Management addresses fundamental principles of project management and deals with the analysis and development of processes from various perspectives such as efficiency, responsiveness, quality and productivity.
- German Business Environment includes"German History and Culture" and "German Economy and Business". After completion of this module students will have a profound understanding the political and legal structure of the German state and its historical background and can evaluate social and cultural life in Germany.
- Innovative Entrepreneurship is designed to provide the innovative, prudent risk taker with a practical approach for converting brilliant ideas into wealth. This course provides a road map for the perseverance and persistence required to successfully start a new business venture.
- Innovation Management focuses on the concept of innovation and its importance in organization, including the management process. Topics covered include the technology innovation process, innovation in corporations and research, innovation deployment in the manufacturing industry, strategies of using innovation and developing new business, and the creation of market sellers.
- Comparative East Asian Management examines the main management systems in East Asia (i.e. China, India, Japan, and Korea) and compares the management styles within East Asia and with the Western world. After completion of this module students are familiar with the nature of East Asian business systems and know distinctive features and differences in national management styles.
- The key element of Business Game: Strategic Marketing (Istanbul) is Markstrat, a strategic simulation game, which is designed to teach strategic marketing concepts such as brand portfolio strategy, segmentation, and positioning strategies. After completion of this module students will have learned to make decisions about the future under conditions of uncertainty.
The basic principle of the MBA in Global Management program is researching while learning. The systematic training of technical and social competences here plays a key role. Classes are generally held as seminars. Lecturers use selective methods of presentation, for example discussions among the students, supervised groupwork, analysis of case-studies and project work to ensure convincing results.
Depending on the course different accompanying exam alternatives occur:
- Written exam (WE)
- Oral exam (OE)
- Assignment (A)
- Written presentation (WP)
The master's examination consists of:
- The course accompanying exams
- The Master's Thesis plus oral defence
The MBA course Master in Global Management endeavours to offer junior managers the opportunity to obtain specific competencies required for successful global business today. The aim is to provide management skills as well as thought-provoking experiences focused on global business. This is an essential requirement for students interested in a career in either government, international organisations or business enterprises. The course puts students at an advantage when it comes to leadership excellence.
The MGM-programme aims to provide management skills as well as mindexpanding experiences focused on global business. This is an essential need for students interested to pursue their career in either government, international organisations and business enterprises. Thus the course gives students an edge when it comes to leadership excellence.
The MGM-programme is completed with the Masters Examination which is taken after two semesters. Students are required to write their Masters Thesis at the end of the second semester when all modules have been covered in full. The thesis has to be defended in an oral exam. In case a student does an internship after the second semester the oral exam takes place after the third semester. The overall grade incorporates the results obtained from exams during the course and the evaluation of the Master's Thesis. Upon successful completion of the course students are awarded the degree of "Master of Business Administration.
An academic, business-related degree (bachelor)
- Two years of practical professional experience
- Proof of a very good standard of English shown by appropriate certificates:
- (A-level English course, TOEFL paper based 560 points, TOEFL computer based 220 points, IELTS 6,0; option: English test)
Additional requirements for foreign applicants:
- The approval of the academic degree achieved and its equivalence to the standard by the MGM-course director and the relevant authority.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 3, 2016