MBA in Global Business
Residential: 1 week every 6 months, in Singapore.
MBA in Global Business is tailored to working professionals with at least 3 years of corporate experience who want to build international management career.
This program builds strengths of traditional business skills and prepares students to compete and succeed at the global level. It masters students’ business disciplines and develops global analytical and problem-solving skills, and enhances cross-cultural abilities.
Students undertake 12 core modules to build the foundation of business and management knowledge for over 3 terms, and then undergoes 4 month specialized programme that consolidates the knowledge in global business perspective. There are Study Tour options of “Doing business with Russia”, “Doing business with China” and "Doing Business with Great Britain" for students to elect compulsorily at least one tour to experience during this programme.
(Week 1 to Week 22)
- Operations and Value Chain Management
- Microeconomics and Managerial economics
- Residential Module 1 (week 10)
- Managing People
- Managing Finance
- Residential Module 2 (week 21)
(Week 23 to Week 51)
- Research Methodology
- Residential module 3 (week 36)
- Global Economics
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Residential module 4 (week 51)
(Week 52 to Week 75)
- Responsible Management
- Change Management
- Residential Module 5 (week 63)
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- Residential Module 6 (week 75)
*Residential modules will be conducted on weekends.
The specialized modules prepare students to succeed in multinational companies. It develops analytical and problem-solving thinking, enhances cross-cultural communication skills and teaches basics of international trade.
The curriculum covers the following topics:
- how global business operate
- how to manage multi-cultural teams
- how to identify and capture opportunities in global market
- how global principles can be adapted to specific countries
Students should do their final thesis work to address some of the issues global business face and propose solution to tackle the issue.