MBA in Finance and Tax Management
Residential: 1 week every 6 months, in Singapore.
MBA in Finance and Tax Management is tailored to corporate executives who want to manage finances of companies or switch to finance industry.
This programme develops an understanding of the accounting cycle and preparation of financial statements, onshore/ offshore taxation principles and systems, including section on tax consequences and the choice of legal entity choice based on taxation. It enables students to deepen and complete their managerial experience, which is essential for efficient financial and tax management and for the solution of the most difficult tasks in global business.
Students undertake 12 core modules and specialized modules to build the foundation of business and management knowledge for over 3 terms with a global perspective and a comprehensive idea of international financial and tax management.
(Week 1 to Week 22)
- Operations and Value Chain Management
- Microeconomics and Managerial Economics
- Residential Module 1 (week 10)
- Managing People
- Managing Finance
- Residential Module 2 (week 21)
(Week 23 to Week 51)
- Research Methodology
- Residential module 3 (week 36)
- Global Economics (Macroecnomics)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Residential module 4 (week 51)
(Week 52 to Week 75)
- Responsible Management
- Change Management
- Residential Module 5 (week 63)
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- Residential Module 6 (week 75)
*Residential modules will be conducted on weekends as weekend lecturers.
The specialized module of Finance and Tax Management provides a deep knowledge of tax accounting, risk analysis and decision-making for successful management of financing and tax. It develops an understanding of international taxation rules and the preparation of financial statement. The curriculum includes the following topics:
- how to implement quantitative risk analysis and decisions
- how to use knowledge of international financial accounting to help financial and tax management
- rules of international taxation (onshore/ offshore)
- basic knowledge of ISO certification
- skills of Chartered Financial Analyst holder: Asset Allocation, Fundamental Analysis, Income Statement, Macroeconomics, Multinational Corporation, Multinational Corporation, Stock Option, Time Value
Students should do the final thesis work to demonstrate the usage of international taxation and financial statement for an international business