The program is designed to mold top talents for leadership positions in Europe and Asia. It addresses especially young professionals with a first degree in engineering, social or natural sciences and at least one year of professional work experience.
The richness of the program is based on the unique concept of combining a foundation in the core business disciplines with a focus on either European or Asian business. The curriculum comprises six core modules that will provide you with a general management perspective on business functions and how they can be integrated with a rapidly changing global economy, and two modules in the area specialization “Europe” or “Asia”. Additionally, two elective modules will give you the opportunity to tailor the program to your individual career objectives or organizational interests prior to the final Master Thesis. The program is accompanied by company visits, guest lectures, career counseling and personal mentoring.
The program addresses persons interested to study international business from a European or Asian perspective who hold a first degree, in engineering, social or natural sciences and at least one year of professional work experience. It will enable participants to fulfil management functions in an international context.
Since the program is primarily for persons with no educational background in management sciences, teaching aims to equip students with fundamental management skills and methods as well as social competencies. It thus qualifies them for further career steps on higher management levels at the interface between their home country and European or Asian markets.
For application we require the following qualification and documentation:
- Bachelor degree / primarily non-economic/non-business-related (official transcript of previous degree)
- One year of post-graduate work experience (proof of work experience/employer´s certificate required)
- Proof of English proficiency with TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign Language) 80 IBT (“Internet-based”) points or IELTS (International Language Testing System) 6,5 Points
- Curriculum vitae
- An essay demonstrating the student´s strong motivation for the program and dedication to an international business career
- Passport photograph
- Copies of either birth certificate or passport
- Module 1, International Communication Skills, aims to equip students with a deepened understanding of the importance of culture and trains students’ cross-cultural competences. Students are further introduced to communication and presentation techniques essential in today’s business.
- Module 2, People and Management, deals with differences in work behavior determined by culture, explains how business decisions are influenced by the culture of a respective country, and enables students to develop their understanding of key issues of managing human resources in a global context.
- Module 3, Finance and Accounting, addresses financial markets, trade financing, financial control of multinational companies, assessment of investments and risks, capital costs and risks in foreign trade, and is concerned with modern controlling concepts and instruments.
- Module 4, Global Business Knowledge, provides learners with a deepened knowledge of internationalization strategies of companies, concepts and instruments of strategic management, and a systematic knowledge in marketing research methods in a global context.
- Module 5, Area Specialization I, depending on the chosen focus (Asia or Europe), the module provides an introduction to the economic, political and social conditions of doing business in Asia or Europe.
- Module 6, International Business Law and Taxation, introduces basic principles of international business law and addresses the purpose, kinds, regulation and use of taxation in international business.
- Module 7, International Project Management, addresses fundamental principles of Project Management, its possible fields of application and its relevance for process optimization of a global value chain.
- Module 8, Area Specialization II, is taught to the students based on module 5 and, depending on the focus choice, offers an understanding of the Asian or European economic and business fundamentals.
- In modules 9, Topical Specialization I, and 10, Topical Specialization II, students can choose a topical specialization. Currently three topics are offered: International Tourism Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, International Business and Entrepreneurship. Depending on students’ interests more options can be offered from the Master portfolio of the School of International Business.
- The Master Thesis Seminar introduces students to academic writing and prepares them specifically for the Master Thesis. It covers the standards in preparing scientific papers, the function of a master thesis, possible cooperation with companies, methods for literature search, and the rules of plagiarism. In the Master Thesis students have to deal intensively with a research project or case study and put it in writing in the form of a scientific paper.
Students can attend an optional 22-week internship (also in combination with the master thesis) after the completion of the first 10 modules. If it is a professionally relevant internship and includes a written scientific internship report (15-20 pages), students can obtain 30 ECTS credits.
Our European / Asian Management MBA Program helps you contribute to change and development in your home country and the world by offering:
Based on highest scholarly standards, we deliver an European/Asian-focused management education combining the latest managerial thoughts with practice.
In addition to enhancing your management expertise we provide you with a profound understanding of doing business in Europe and Asia.
Small classes give you the opportunity to interact closely with renowned professors and business professionals, as well as with a cosmopolitan student body.
We lead you to networking opportunities and open your mind for new global perspectives – all with the goal of preparing you for leadership positions.
Quality and success
In a unique friendly atmosphere you receive individual attention from our dedicated staff while at the same time being challenged to perform to your full potential.
We help you create knowledge economy that promotes growth and diversification.
The main field of occupation for successful graduates is at the interface between their home countries and the international markets. Graduates will primarily work in jobs where a combination of technical expertise and management competency are necessary. This could be the supervision of procurement, production, sales or customer service of enterprises with international activities or in branches or within joint ventures especially in Europe or Asia. Tasks can also evolve in product development and quality management with and/or for international customers and suppliers in the target regions of the program. As a graduate, you will also be part of this network of successful graduates holding key management and leadership positions world-wide.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 3, 2016