MBA in Change Management and Corporate Turnaround
Residential: 1 week every 6 months, in Singapore.
MBA in Change Management and Corporate Turnaround is designed for corporate managers and entrepreneurs willing to switch to strategic and business development roles or increase their business performance.
Periods of economic and financial distress required professional team with capabilities and decision-making skills in order to be competitive and to improve operational and financial performance. This programme of change management and corporate turnaround transforms students to be a turnaround specialist with a fresh insight and professional skill to spot the problems that may not visible to organization insiders and to implement the solutions.
Students undertake 12 core modules and specialized modules to build the foundation of managing change and corporate turnaround knowledge for over 3 terms, which focuses on the key skills in terms of areas for restoring value to struggling enterprises and to avoid terminal insolvency. Student will develop skills in leadership, legal and accounting aspects for turnaround situations.
(Week 1 to Week 22)
- Operations and Value Chain Management
- Microeconomics and Managerial Economics
- Residential Module 1 (week 10)
- Managing People
- Managing Finance
- Residential Module 2 (week 21)
(Week 23 to Week 51)
- Research Methodology
- Residential module 3 (week 36)
- Global Economics (Macroeconomics)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Residential module 4 (week 51)
(Week 52 to Week 75)
- Responsible Management
- Change Management
- Residential Module 5 (week 63)
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- Residential Module 6 (week 75)
The specialized modules of Managing Change and Turnaround Management enhance students’ capabilities and professional skills to implement concrete solutions for global corporation. The curriculum covers the following topics:
- how to develop strategy of corporate turnaround
- how to analyze mergers, acquisitions, MBO & other corporate reorganizations
- how digital marketing, financial engineering, and risk analysis and decisions will help turnaround management
- how to identify the corporate problems and execute the plan of solutions
Students should do the final thesis work to address critical issues on financial distress that global business face and to propose a plan to improve operational and financial performance.