Ivey’s full-time MBA program is one year in length and begins each April with two sections of students. The Ivey MBA is a transformational experience for ambitious leaders who want to hone their skill-set, develop their leadership abilities and accelerate their career success. Our program is not simply a set of courses, but an action-oriented learning experience designed to accelerate your success in the real world. You’ll learn everything you’d learn from a lecture and more: you’ll be the decision-maker, asked to analyze the data, develop alternatives, make and defend your recommendations.
Building Your Success
Programming starts with the business essentials – the core fundamentals that every leader needs. Within each course, you get the learning you need at the appropriate time and professors deliver content as it is relevant - gradually increasing complexity to develop understanding. Integrated into the curriculum are global learning opportunities, career management, and real-world projects that give you the opportunity to apply your skills in a real business environment.
The Ivey MBA curriculum is delivered using Ivey’s case study method. While other schools may employ cases in their teaching methodology, Ivey is the only case-based program in Canada. Employing the use of over 300 cases a year, we use an action-oriented and dynamic approach that mirrors the challenges and complexities of real-world business. Ivey faculty use cases and work together to expand your perspective on the way issues impact an entire organization, using cross-teaching and an integrated approach to curriculum planning.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for tomorrow's leaders; people with exceptional talent and ambition to succeed in areas they are passionate about. These candidates represent a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences - culturally, professionally and personally. Building on your track record of accomplishments and leadership success, you have strong career aspirations and are looking for a dynamic and challenging MBA experience.
The Critical Elements
Leadership: From career success and promotion, to volunteer work and community initiatives, or other interests like athletics or the arts – we are looking for candidates who have demonstrated strong leadership orientation in previous experience, and can bring that into the Ivey classroom.
Strong Academic Record: The Ivey program and case method require you to be highly analytical, and comfortable solving problems and making decisions with ambiguity or incomplete information. A strong academic history with a “B” average and solid GMAT score (min. 600) or equivalent GRE to help to demonstrate these skills.
Quality Work Experience: At least two years, full-time work experience ensures that you and your classmates will have experiences to contribute to team and class discussions, along with the context and maturity to apply this learning in a professional setting.
- Transcripts* from all post-secondary studies (one certified, official copy)**
- GMAT score (Designate Ivey with code CMB-MG-18) OR GRE score (Designate Ivey with code 0292)
- Résumé demonstrating a minimum of two years, full-time work experience
- TOEFL score (if required for ESL applicants)
- Two to three reference letters
- Online application including completion of three required essay questions
- Application fee of $150 CAD
*For Western University Graduates, Ivey's Admissions office will contact Western directly to obtain transcripts, so you are not required to order them.
**Notarized transcripts will be accepted only if accompanied by an official letter from the University stating that they were unable to issue official transcripts.
- Early Application Round: May 5, 2014
- Round 1: September 22, 2014
- Round 2: November 17, 2014
- Round 3: January 12, 2015
Tuition & Academic Expenses - 2015 Admission
- Tuition* (Domestic Students) $79,500
- Tuition* (International Students)** $91,500
- Ancillary Fees* (approximate) $700
- International Students – UHIP* (Health Insurance) $750
- Casebooks and Supplies (approximate) $2,600
* Subject to change
** Some international students at Western University are eligible to pay Canadian citizen tuition fees. Please see the Western Registrar's site for more information
Other Academic Expenses
- Preparatory Knowledge Program** (Optional)
- Economics Primer* (8 classes) $565
- Finance, Accounting and Spreadsheets Primer* (16 classes) $1,130
- Quantitative Analysis Primer* (10 classes) $710
- International Study Trip (Optional Elective)* $3,000 -$4000
* Estimated and subject to change
The cost of the Preparatory KnowledgeProgram (PKP) is subsidized to ensure that as many incoming students as possible may participate. Pricing is on a per primer basis.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 22, 2016