MBA -- Food and Wine Marketing and International Management
The mastery of gastronomical sciences involves numerous competencies, namely the thorough knowledge of culinary traditions, oenological techniques, traditional and industrial production methods, as well as the quality and high standard of services that go hand in hand with these. The discipline also requires skills - legal, managerial, marketing and sales.
The Institut Supérieur du Marketing du Goût enables students to understand and to familiarize themselves with this field of activity. Created to meet professionals’ expectations, ISMG prepares students for various functions ranging from management to communication, production, sales and export.
Following the efficient model of ISML, ranked first in luxury management training with 800 alumni, ISMG students will benefit from close and regular contacts with the most prestigious professionals of the sector.
The Aims of the Institute
-- To constitute a pool of young managers for the world of gastronomy, agribusiness and luxury foods business, the wine and spirits sector and the hotel and restaurant trades.
-- To train professionals for the marketing, sales and distribution of these products in France and abroad, and to inculcate in them the enthusiasm and competitiveness necessary to promote the foods and wines of the world.
Courses are held from September to July: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings: 6.30 pm to 9.30 pm Saturdays: 9 am to 4 pm This timetable enables those who are selected for the courses to pursue their professional activities or complete one or more training programmes in various firms, a necessary course for those who wish put their theoretical knowledge to the test in real-life situations.
- Organisation of an integration seminar at the beginning of the year to help create ties amongst the participants.
- Regular meetings and contacts with those who live in the world of luxury foods and wine and fashion it.
- Visiting enterprises, exhibitions for professionals, workshops, production centres and logistic structures specialized in gastronomy and oenology.
- Study tours.
- Career guidance. Helping the student to chalk out his career.
Who Can Apply
- French and foreign students having completed 3/4 and 5 years higher studies in any subject and wishing to specialise in the field of gastronomy, in agribusiness, in the luxury food business, in the wines and spirits sector and in the hotel and restaurant trades.
- Young professionals wishing to specialise in these fields
- Young people planning to launch or take over such businesses
Admission to the Institut – a four-step procedure
1. Processing of candidate’s file
2. Interview of individual candidates by a board of professionals involved in the luxury foods and wine business
3. Written test on general knowledge
4. Written and oral tests in English
Application forms must be submitted together with the following documents :
1. A hand-written letter in support of the application and curriculum vitae
2. A two-page essay (maximum) on the theme of gastronomical sciences
3. A passport-size photograph
4. A non-refundable cheque of 150 € drawn to the order of EDC to cover administrative costs for processing the candidate’s file.
* Annual fees for the year 2006/2007 amount to 12,000 €