Four nationally accredited (AACSB International) University of Wisconsin System business programs (UW Eau Claire, UW La Crosse, UW Oshkosh, and UW Parkside) jointly offer MBA foundation coursework via the Internet. This unique program of online business foundation courses is available as a certificate program for students who need the skills and knowledge of basic business functions. To fulfill the requirements of the Certificate Program, a student must complete 13 graduate credits as listed below. The completion of an undergraduate degree in any area is the minimum requirement to join the Certificate Program.
- ACCT 703 Financial and ACCT 704 Managerial Accounting (3 cr)
- MKTG 730 Marketing Analysis Foundation (2 cr)
- MGMT 740 Foundations of Organizational Behavior (2 cr)
Elective Courses (6 credits from the following are required):
- ECON 703 Foundations of Microeconomics (1 cr)
- ECON 704Foundations of Macroeconomics (1 cr)
- FIN 720 Fundamentals of Managerial Finance (2 cr)
- IS 740 Management Information Systems in Business (2 cr)
- MGMT 741 Production and Operations Management (2 cr)
- BSAD Statistics Foundation (2 cr)
Minimum requirements to be accepted:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
- Easy access to the Internet and the ability to play streaming audio and video.