The MBA with a focus on Business Information Management is a mix of strategy, information systems development, information systems management and infrastructure (bits and bytes). It covers the development and management of information systems and related technologies in a business context.
It is an English-taught master degree programme recognised by the authorities of the Flemish Community in Belgium.
Students with a Bachelor in business administration, economics or management can obtain the MBA degree in one year (full-time); students with a non-economic academic Bachelor can do so in two years (full-time). The latter take the Master of International Business Economics and Management in the first year and continue with the MBA in the second year.
HUBrussel offers a standard learning path (one year study, 60 European credits) but composition of your own part-time programme, within the limits of the programme and with the approval of Student Administration Services, is a flexible option.
Why MBA at HUB
1. International class
MBA focus Business Information Management not only provides plenty of opportunities to learn about development and management of information systems and related technologies in a business context. The programme also invites students to discuss cultural aspects of business. As students come from different cultural backgrounds they can make valuable contributions to the course contents of the MBA and learn from each other.
2. Job opportunities
If you start looking for management jobs in IT, you will be impressed by the sheer number of vacancies today. MBA focus BIM students will find jobs in:
- Management: Team Leader, Project Manager, Services Manager, Chief Information Manager
- Architecture: Business Architect and Analyst (Business Process Design, Business Analysis, Change Management), Technical Architect (Data and Database Architect, Application Design and Selection, Infrastructure Architect)
3. Business orientation
-- Company projects
The company project in the context of the Ma thesis is the ideal way to experience what business life really is. It is a scientifically underpinned practice oriented assignment, research project or case study carried out by the student and commissioned by a company, a public body, an association, a professional federation or a non profit making association. A company project is very much focused on output and practice, requiring the student to be actively involved. The approach must always show a sufficient level of theoretical underpinning.
Examples of current projects:
- A new information system for "Centrum voor het Jonge Kind".
- Study and Optimization of the use of an e-procurement system with Procter & Gamble.
- Internationalization of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises: the case of OCO Global.
-- Company visits and guest lectures
We build bridges to real business life by inviting guest speakers to share their experiences in class, organizing numerous field trips to enterprises of all sorts, from SMEs to multinational corporations, and working out case studies directly taken from business life.
4. HUB facilities: a helping hand
Our excellent student support, facilities, services and teaching methodology will help you obtain your goals. At HUB interaction between students and the tutor and also discussions are considered valuable means of learning. As a result, you will get the most out of your study programme.
HUB also houses a number of services centres that might help you while studying. In case you encounter financial, social, psychological or integration problems, you can contact our Social Services Department, Ombudsman's Office or International Office. We want your study to be successful.
HUB is member of the K.U.Leuven Association (University of Leuven).
50 partner universities for student and staff and joint (research) programmes.
Students from all over the world meet and spend one or more years learning from each others' cultural and linguistic backgrounds in a city that has so much to offer in this respect.
Brussels, ‘the Capital of Europe’, hosts the headquarters of several important European and international institutions like the European Commission, the European Parliament and NATO. Many international firms have their hubs in Belgium’s capital as well. Moreover, Brussels is the world's seventh biggest financial market - 60 foreign banks have their offices in the city - and it is welcoming nearly 16 000 business congresses every year. Furthermore, the large number of diplomatic missions in Brussels has contributed to its international character. Last but not least, Brussels is the home of people with a diversity of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- offer you a balanced mix between computer science, information systems and management science
- give you hands-on experience from lecturers who are employed in management positions in IT companies
- build bridges to real business life by inviting guest speakers to share their experiences in class, organising numerous field trips to enterprises of all sorts, from SMEs to multinational corporations, and working out case studies directly taken from business life
- challenge you to integrate acquired knowledge and apply it to real-life business situations in the context of your Master thesis - in-company projects are encouraged
- give you the opportunity to go abroad for some months and study business administration at one of our partner universities
- give you the chance to get involved in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
This MBA in Business Information Management is for you if:
- you have a strong affinity with the world of ICT and telecom
- you want to launch an international business career with a focus on information system applications
- you obtained an academic Bachelor degree or Master degree in business administration, economics, management or related field and you want to specialise
- you believe that a business-oriented, hands-on, critical, and problem-oriented approach to education is something for you
- you are convinced that studying and working in a multicultural team is an asset.
- you want to be challenged to integrate acquired knowledge and apply it to real-life business situations in the context of your Master thesis
- you like to receive education in a perfect location – Brussels, the capital of Europe and hub of many international organisations and companies
- you want to take advantage of the perfect job market opportunities in the sector