MBA Business Administration
Our Full-time MBA, starting inApril,will engage you with the latest management thinking and develop your knowledge across core subjects. More in-depth study follows, as you choose modules focusing on particular strategic issues. Then, at the final stage, you will finish the course by completing a major business project or dissertation.
You will also have the opportunity to work with companies within the UK and internationally via international study tours, exchanges and team consultancy project.
Nottingham Business Schools MBA programme provides an intense learning environment and will:
- open your vision to different perspectives in business and management
- prepare you to question taken-for-granted assumptions
- develop your critical skills which will enable you to cope with the demanding roles of management in the economic crisis that will be affecting organisations for a generation
- develop you to be able to apply knowledge and understanding of management and business to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business in practice
- develop strategic thinking and innovative, entrepreneurial skills which are highly sought by employers
- develop leadership, interpersonal and group working skills so that you will be able to take senior leadership roles with confidence.
The full-time MBA programme has four stages:
1. Stage One - Academic and Management Induction Programme
The residential week at the beginning of the programme is an integral part of the course and will include a detailed introduction to the MBA, its content, assessment and introductory team activities with fellow students. There will be workshops on academic and business writing, a formative diagnostic assignment allowing you to practice writing an assignment and to receive feedback. There will also be an experiential management development activity outside the Business School.
2. Stage Two - Core Modules
The core curriculum provides a comprehensive foundation across all the main subjects involved in business administration. There are eight compulsory modules at this stage:
3. Stage Three - Electives and Two Consultancy Projects
There are three different components to stage Three.
1. Team Consultancy Project
2. Elective Modules
3. The International Business Consultancy Project
4. Stage Four - Business Project or Dissertation
This is a major individual piece of work for which you have one of the following two options.
- Option One - Business Project
- Option Two - Dissertation
Full entry requirement details
You will need:
- a first degree (normally 2.1) or an equivalent professional or academic qualification
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- a period of professional work experience incorporating operational responsibilities – three years minimum, preferably five.
In exceptional circumstances applicants without a degree will be considered, if they can demonstrate in their personal statement that they have been in a senior management position, managing people and budgets, for more than eight years.
If english is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of proficiency to one of the following standards: IELTS 6.5 (min reading and writing score 6.0)/TOEFL 560 (min writing score 5)/TOEFL iBT 83 (min writing score 24).
There are a number of competitive scholarships available for this course. Please visit our website for more information.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 28, 2015