International Fashion Management MBA - London Campus
With the fashion industry worth £21bn annually to the UK economy, a new generation of business leaders with a strong foundation in cross-cultural communications and international business is needed to respond to the needs of a sensitive consumer and competitive market in the Fashion arena.
With a continual increase in year-on-year growth in the industry, there is a growing demand for highly skilled managers educated with a particular understanding and appreciation of this niche sector.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This course has your future employability as its focus. By choosing to study at Coventry University London Campus you will benefit from a degree programme that:
- Has flexible start dates in September, January and April
- Provides a unique experience delivered by an institution with strong foundations in educating business leaders
- Includes work-related activity and leading lectures from high-profile business figures
- Requires no previous work experience
- Will help you to secure future employment by offering essential training in key areas such as CV writing, presentation skills and interview technique
- Questions conventional wisdoms and replaces them with new and developing perspectives, new patterns of thinking, and new insights
Learning and assessment reflect an action learning approach focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis. The university provides student support, as well as comprehensive advice on immigration and visas.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The MBA International Fashion Management addresses the needs of a new generation of fashion industry managers by providing a challenging and stimulating course that combines the highest quality of teaching and academic support, with direct inputs from the fashion industry.
The learning and assessment of the MBA International Fashion Management reflect an action learning approach and is focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis.
MBA programmes are delivered over four terms and you can choose to begin your programme in October, January,or April.
All MBA students study five core management modules, four mandatory modules and an internship or project.
- Advanced Business practice,
- sustainable strategy – from planning to implementation,
- leading in a changing world,
- finance, funding and legislative frameworks for success,
- marketing in a global age,
- fashion buying and merchandise management in a changing global industry,
- trend prediction and fashion forecasting,
- fashion design and product development,
- project management,
- organisation internship or consulting project or dissertation.
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
- Your course will be taught through knowledgecast lectures and seminars of smaller groups of students. Seminars are interactive and may involve hypothetical problem questions, simulations, case studies and the analysis of more theoretical issues,
- your learning at CULC is underpinned and supported by the latest developments in technology. Audience Response Systems are used in class to quickly explore your level of understanding and identify any specific issues to focus on,
- we use audio visual materials in a range of ways to bring the curriculum to life, through recorded interviews with business leaders, recording key lectures and seminars for you to review and re-watch or in recording your own board presentations as part of your assessed work,
- you will be assigned a personal tutor who will be able to review and discuss your progress and offer advice throughout your studies.
- To be accepted for the programme students must possess a second class honours degree (2:2) or above.
- English Language IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
- No work experience required.
This school offers programs in: