IMBA (International MBA)
Whether you work in Canada or abroad, you'll need international expertise to succeed in business.
The full-time IMBA (International MBA) is the ideal choice for qualified applicants from Canada and abroad who seek a global career.
Become a citizen of the world with a true immersion in international business.
- Gain first-hand knowledge of the social, political and economic forces at play in your region of focus with the 12 week IMBA work term.
- Prepare to operate globally with focused study in international business, advanced proficiency in a second language (French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish or English), and specialized knowledge of two global trading regions (including North America).
- Enhance your ability to participate in the global economy with fresh perspectives in your area and region of specialization.
- Strengthen your negotiation, team-building and communication skills required to lead diverse teams and conduct business across cultures.
- Develop a strong foundation in business management fundamentals for the international manager, including international marketing, cross-cultural and strategic management.
Access a Global Network
- Launch a successful global career with an IMBA degree from Schulich, ranked among the world’s top tier business schools by leading global publications.
- Join a highly accomplished network of peers of over 22,000 alumni in more than 90 countries worldwide.
- Enjoy access to the school’s International Satellite Centres in Beijing, Shanghai, Mu mbai, Moscow, and Seoul and future centres in Brazil and Mexico.
- Gain mentors, career advice and global business contacts during your studies and beyond. Schulich IMBA graduates work in Canada and abroad in 40 countries.
Full-time Study (Keele Campus Only)
- September entry
- 20 months over 5 consecutive terms (4 academic, plus 1 work term)
- 3 terms at York (or 4 terms at York if not on optional Exchange)
- 1 term of compulsory Work Term in country and language of specialization
- 1 term of optional Exchange (provided you meet certain requirements)
- 20 months (5 consecutive terms) beginning in September
- advanced standing is available in the IMBA program. Applicants to the IMBA are eligible to apply for Advanced Standing to have certain required Foundations of Management Core Courses waived (see ‘Advanced Standing’ tab). The program length remains the same
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 28, 2015