Hanyang Finance MBA - Catching Three Birds with One Stone!
HY Finance MBA = MBA + CFA + Asset Management Practice
>> Pursuing three goals at the same time : MBA degree, CFA and Asset Management Practice
- Hanyang University MBA degree
- CFA(Chartered Financial Analyst)
- Asset Management Practice
>> Specialized program designed to educate Qualified Finance Experts : Not a general MBA program for general manager
- Curriculum is structured with CFA-related subjects with minimum coverage of general MBA courses.
- Applicants are preferred who have already passed CFA Level I examination and who have financial support from their company.
>> Facing radical changes in financial environments, in part caused by capital market integration act and Korea-US FTA, it is essential to strengthen our financial competitiveness to compete with the global competitors such as Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley, etc. Asset management ability is a critical factor for global financial competitiveness. The number of CFAs is considered one of the major measures of excellence in ranking financial institutions.
>> All classes are offered by HY finance faculty members and active CFAs
>> Providing Review Programs for CFA Level Ⅱ and Ⅲ examination preparation
* Classes are offered on both weekdays and weekends. Students can keep their current job while enrolling in this MBA program.
Specialized MBA program focused on CFA
> First Year : Focusing on Investment Analysis and Valuation
Prior to taking asset management courses, students master the valuation models for equity, fixed-income security and derivatives, and their investment analysis.
- Students study economics, quantitative method, financial statement analysis, and corporate finance for asset valuation.
- Students are provided with a review program for CFA Level II examination in the 2nd semester
> Specialized program designed to educate Qualified Finance Experts : Not a general MBA program for general Manager
- Students master the writing process of IPS(Investment Policy Statement) with fundamental understanding of private wealth management and portfolio management for institutional investors.
- Students learn total investment strategies including alternative investments as well as major assets such as equity and fixed-income security.
- Students study derivatives and how to apply them for risk management.
- Students are provided with a review program for CFA Level III examination in the 2nd semester.
Applicants are required to have a bachelor's degree from a four year university before entering the program.
Minimum one year of full-time work experience is mandatory.
Documents to Submit
- Application form
- Personal Essay
- Official transcripts and a copy of undergraduate degree from the college or university attended (Korean or English).
- One recommendation letter from a current or recent supervisor (Korean or English, free format)
- Certifications of Employment (that prove all the work experiences mentioned in the application form, Korean or English)
- Optional: TOEFL or TOEIC score (Those who scored more than CBT 250 (IBT 100) in TOEFL or 900 in TOEIC will get bonus points. All scores are valid only for two years from the date on which the test is taken.)
Submitted Documents 70% + Interview (Korean) 30%
We provide a tuition waiver for students with excellent academic qualifications. Students in the top 15 percent will receive tuition waiver ranging from 30% to 100% of tuition.