The international business environment is changing and a new and very different market reality is emerging. The students of today need to adopt flexible patterns of thinking and behaviour to succeed as the managers of tomorrow.
The Global Business Masters in Business Administration (MBA) has been designed to explore in detail the nature and implications of these changes and provide students with the skills and mindsets that will allow them to operate effectively within, and lead, the organisations of the future.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This course has your future employability as its focus. By choosing to study at Coventry University London Campus you will benefit from a degree programme that:
- Has flexible start dates in September, January and April
- Provides a unique experience delivered by an institution with strong foundations in educating business leaders
- Includes work-related activity and leading lectures from high-profile business figures
- Requires no previous work experience
- Will help you to secure future employment by offering essential training in key areas such as CV writing, presentation skills and interview technique
- Questions conventional wisdoms and replaces them with new and developing perspectives, new patterns of thinking, and new insights
Learning and assessment reflect an action learning approach focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis. The university provides student support, as well as comprehensive advice on immigration and visas.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The MBA Global Business has been developed to provide graduates with the opportunity to acquire high level expertise in strategic business, and commercial competencies needed for an international context.
The key elements of the course include:
- A pathway structure that provides opportunities to specialise in International Finance, Global Business and International Marketing,
- an emphasis given to the application of knowledge through, for example, internship opportunities and engagement with real-world business projects from the private, public and third sectors,
- the utilisation of technologies and software such as GMMSO (Global Marketing Management System On-line).
The learning and assessment of the MBA Global Business reflect an action learning approach and is focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis.
MBA programmes are delivered over four terms and you can choose to begin your programme in October, January or April.
All MBA students study five core management modules, four mandatory modules and an internship or project.
MBA Global Business Modules include:
- Advanced business practice,
- Sustainable strategy – from planning to implementation,
- Leading in a changing world,
- Finance, funding and legislative frameworks for success,
- Marketing in a global age,
- Project management,
- From local to global: strategies for international development,
- Managing international trade,
- Global human resource strategies,
- Organisation internship or consulting project or dissertation.
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
Your course will be taught through knowledge cast lectures and seminars of smaller groups of students. Seminars are interactive and may involve hypothetical problem questions, simulations, case studies and the analysis of more theoretical issues.
Your learning at CULC is underpinned and supported by the latest developments in technology. Audience Response Systems are used in class to quickly explore your level of understanding and identify any specific issues to focus on.
We use audio visual materials in a range of ways to bring the curriculum to life, through recorded interviews with business leaders, recording key lectures and seminars for you to review and re-watch or in recording your own board presentations as part of your assessed work.
You will be assigned a personal tutor who will be able to review and discuss your progress and offer advice throughout your studies.
- A second class honours degree (2:2) or (or equivalent).
- For international students, English language qualification; IELTS of 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- No work experience required.
Start Dates include September, January and April
This school offers programs in: