The Executive MBA program is designed for experienced managers who thrive in a rigorous, interactive learning environment.
The curriculum is immensely practical, yet firmly grounded in conceptual and strategic thinking.
Several ideas permeate the curriculum and differentiate it from other St. Thomas MBA programs:
- "Executive" is defined in the extreme, e.g., greater proportionality of key managerial competencies
- curriculum is built around learning to evaluate data, make decisions, plan and implement in order to run a business rather than to manage a function or department
- the essence of managerial leadership is more the art of asking the right questions than of having the right answers
Students choose the Executive MBA program because it offers:
- the conceptual and strategic competencies that cross industries, organizations and functions
- the human and emotional competencies that build on their experiences of being accountable for the performance of others
- enhancement of skills in finance, marketing, product development, operations and distribution management -- the technical and functional competencies associated with a traditional full-time or part-time St.Thomas MBA education
The curriculum emphasizes action learning in ways that encourage students to experiment with new behavior, take new risks, try new ways of framing past experience, and examine the beliefs and assumptions that underlie their actions.