- Innovative teaching methods in small group setting.
- Professional, highly-motivated peers.
- Contact with alumni and corporate leaders.
- Highly-trained, international faculty.
Goals of the Executive MBA
We are Ireland's leading research-based business school and you will be ideally placed to take advantage of the research we conduct here. Our international faculty is a valuable resource, offering high-quality tuition and extensive business experience.
We'll help you improve your critical analysis, problem-solving and other practical business skills and develop your "soft skills", such as communication and interpersonal skills, through instruction and coaching.
We encourage your creativity and innovation. These qualities are essential for developing successful business strategies and will help you to stay one step ahead of the competition.
What does this mean in your workplace?
Enhanced leadership ability
Learn how to build effective teams and keep them motivated; to work creatively with the ideas and insights of others; to inspire your colleagues and win their commitment to a course of action.
Improved management skills
You will think strategically, analyse problems, implement solutions and present your business case better than ever before. You will also be able to move easily between business areas and see how each area contributes to overall corporate goals.
While the sharing of experiences and perspectives with fellow students of different backgrounds and experiences is a key part of the learning experience, there is, of course a formal study programme.This covers a wide range of business subjects, such as corporate financial management, business law, management accounting, performance-driven marketing, business ethics, information technology management and more.
The course is designed to guide you through five steps over the two years of the programme
- Understanding the company
- Looking to the market
- Building strategies
- Field-based learning
Getting your Executive MBA
Your Executive MBA is based on a combined grade for written examinations and the research project/summer electives. Almost all courses are marked on a mix of continuous assessment and written examinations.
- A university degree or professional qualification
- A minimum of three years' professional experience
- An acceptable score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) - Minimum score 550.
- If English is not your native language and unless you have done your primary degree through English, an English language qualification is required (eg: IELTS/TOEFL). IELTS – an overall score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6 in each section. TOEFL – a minimum of 100 on the internet-based test, or 250 on the computer based test; or 600 on the paper-based test.