Be a leader who can unlock opportunities through the power of innovative thinking
Create a global network
The EMBA creates opportunities to form a network with senior professionals from around the world, facing similar and different opportunities and challenges in their organisations. Your cohort and the MBA experience will open you to new solutions for business in the 21st century.
London: access the world
London is a vibrant global business hub, with access to companies, ideas and people that other cities just can’t match. The EMBA allows you to study in London with a cohort of dynamic professionals without having to relocate for your studies.
Apply insight from other industries
You will have an opportunity to work on a consultancy project based on opportunities and challenges facing your company, as well as supporting projects on companies that your fellow students work for. You will gain a unique insight into experiences across organisations and industries, providing a rich seam of ideas and approaches to draw on.
Corporate entrepreneurship and innovation
Drive business advantage through our focus on corporate entrepreneurship and innovation. Gain real insight and practical solutions for the future, driven by our research excellence.
Study that echoes modern business
Modern business is all about teamwork, vision and leadership as well as individual brilliance. The EMBA echoes this with a vibrant mix of independent learning alongside team projects, allowing you to explore both your own talents and within dynamic group experiences.
Flexible approach tailored to your interests
The EMBA is built around a core of modules that ensures a broad approach to all aspects of business, before allowing you to build your own programme of study through our diverse electives. For added flexibility, many of our electives can be offered on campus in London or online.
Develop innovative problem-solving skills
Bring your real life experiences from outside the classroom into a supportive environment to reflect on results, reinvent familiar approaches and create new fresh ideas.
The Imperial Executive MBA is designed for senior executives wishing to accelerate their career whilst continuing to excel in a demanding job.
The 23 month programme is designed to give you a thorough knowledge of all the essential business disciplines, as well as opportunities to specialise in areas that will directly benefit your chosen career path. You will graduate with a unique grasp of leading innovation in the workplace.
The Executive MBA programme has been designed with interactivity in mind. The programme enables regular interaction with your peers, whilst you continue to excel in your demanding career. You will attend lectures at our campus in South Kensington, London for
two days every 3 – 4 weeks (a total of 16 times between February 2016 and January 2017). In the second year of study, you will then complete your electives, final project and global immersion week.
You’ll work collaboratively and test out new ideas and theories in a supportive environment where you can reflect on what you’ve learned. You can then take new ideas back to your organisation where you apply them and then feedback your experiences in the classroom on a regular basis.
As well as attending lectures at our campus in South Kensington, London once a month, Executive MBA students are expected to complete a substantial amount of independent study.
Through The Hub, our purpose-built virtual learning platform, you will have convenient access to all programme materials, lecture recordings, online tests and assessment results, and remain connected with your peers and tutors throughout the programme.
The Executive MBA will suit you if:
- You are a senior executive looking to accelerate your already successful career
- You are able to commute to study in London
- You have a supportive employer who will allow you to attend lectures on a Friday (and Saturday) once a month
- You benefit from testing out ideas in a supportive environment before applying them in your organisation
- You enjoy regular interaction with your faculty and peers, but you are also comfortable completing independent study
The Business School offers a number of scholarships to top students. Find out more about the scholarships available.
Other sources of funding
Students may obtain funding from the following sources:
- Imperial College Business School scholarships
- Other merit or needs based scholarships. For example, Imperial College London offers postgraduate scholarships and The British Council offers scholarships for international students
- A Professional and Career Development Loan is a government-backed commercial bank loan that UK residents can use to help pay for work-related learning. Imperial College London is a Professional and Career Development Loans registered Learning Provider, registration number 7477. For more information and to find out which banks offer the loan, see the gov.uk website
- If you are a Home student or an EU student who meets certain criteria, you can apply for the Postgraduate Loan for Master’s study (PGL) from the UK government for programmes beginning in autumn 2016. View the Student Finance England PGL policy summary.
- Future Finance are an alternative source of financing for students. Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website.
- Self/family funded
- Employer sponsorship – a number of students who undertake the Executive MBA programme are either wholly or partly sponsored by their employers
- Other sources of funding may be found in these publications; Imperial College London Postgraduate Prospectus, The Grants Register (published by Macmillan), Awards for postgraduate study at Commonwealth Universities (Association of Commonwealth Universities), Study Abroad (UNESCO)
- Low interest rate loans – individual banks, building societies and other lenders offer MBA loans
- KPMG’s Scholarship and Vocational Education (SAVE) is a scheme that you can arrange with your employer. It combines tax exemptions for scholarship payments and the benefit of work-related training provided by employers. Imperial College Business School has no direct involvement. For more information, email Richard.Maitland@KPMG.co.uk
- For UK residents, for further information on financial assistance to support your learning, please visit www.gov.uk or contact 0800 100 900
Please note that other sources of funding may be available. Nothing on this website is, or shall be deemed to constitute, financial advice or a recommendation or endorsement in respect of any financial product. You should always check the suitability of the product that is of interest to you. If you are in any doubt as to its suitability we suggest that you seek independent professional advice.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 3, 2016