The EMBA at Lagos Business School, Pan-African University is an invigorating and intense programme, designed to prepare potential executives for senior leadership.
It also provides an analytical and integrated understanding of business management which allows participants to apply learning and project work directly to their own organisations, while building a strong network of like-minded colleagues across a wide variety of industries. The programme gives future executives the necessary tools and perspectives to successfully lead their organisations into the future.
Our aim is to create an environment where participants can learn how to handle difficult real-life problems by probing, discussing and working together as a team towards achieving a deeper insight than they can ever do on their own. The EMBA amplifies individual strengths and builds synergies between team members. You learn how to exercise judgment, make better decisions and take responsibility. In doing this, you also discover how to communicate effectively in class and at work, and leverage on all the excellent ideas you get on the programme. The EMBA is best for people in full-time employment in positions that allow them apply what they learn while they complete a rigorous academic programme. The exposure is beyond work, it is a well rounded experience that gives participants a balanced view of life.
Structure and Curriculum
The programme is delivered in six 14-week semesters spread over two sessions for a period of 24 months. A session begins in January and ends in December. Classes hold on Fridays from 1.30 p.m. - 7.45 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9.00 a.m. -1.45 p.m. In addition, there is a five-day intensive week once every semester, where classes hold from 9.00 a.m.-3.30 p.m. from Monday through to Friday. There are no classes on the Saturday following an intensive week.
EMBA Learning Objective
The programme is designed to develop managers and entrepreneurs who are:
- Able to manage people and processes
- Able to think strategically
- Confident in a wide range of functions
- Comfortable in an environment working towards international standards
Who Should Apply
We are looking for people from different work backgrounds, who will contribute to and benefit from the programme. EMBA participants benefit most if they are in positions at work that allow them apply the knowledge and skills developed in the classroom. Most participants are in their thirties, and have on average nine years work experience, including positions with management responsibility; this is because the EMBA relies heavily on the experience of participants on the programme. Participants also come from a wide variety of industries and backgrounds ranging from small businesses to multinationals in both private and public sectors.
Admissions Criteria / Requirements
Candidates for admission into the Executive MBA programme must satisfy all of the following requirements.
- Five credit passes including English and Mathematics at the O Level.
- Minimum qualification of a second-class lower degree from a university or a post-graduate diploma (PGD) from a recognised university for candidates with third-class degrees or Higher National Diplomas.
- At least seven years post-qualification work experience.
- A satisfactory performance at the GMAT.
- Satisfactory evaluation of the candidates intellectual capacity, professionalism, maturity, past professional experience and motivation for work, through an interview. (Only short-listed candidates are interviewed).
- As candidates will have to combine the demands of the programme with their work, an explicit approval of the company allowing the candidates to undertake these studies will also be required.
How to Apply
Application for the EMBA is done online throughout the year. Applications however, need to be completed by the deadline as indicated each year.
The Application deadline for the January 2015 session is October 17, 2014
You have the option of taking the School's entrance examination as scheduled, or doing the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) at any time and having your test score sent to us before the deadline. The dates for the January 2014 session are as follows:
- GMAT Deadline: october 17, 2014
- EMBA Entrance Exam: June 21, August 16 & September 20, 2014
- Examination Fee: N5,000
- Application Fee: N5,000
The Executive MBA programme currently costs N2, 295, 000 per session. The fee is payable in instalments at the beginning of each semester, and it covers tuition, course materials and meals. The fee is also subject to periodic reviews.
Last updated August 25, 2015