Durham University Business School & EBS Business School Executive MBA
Two very famous Business Schools, Durham University Business School from the UK, and EBS Business School from Germany, have combined their strengths and their long-term experiences in executive development to provide you with an exciting, outstanding programme: the Durham & EBS Executive MBA.
The Executive MBA offers you the benefits of an excellent learning experience. Delivering a sound understanding of business administration, leadership know-how and soft skills as well as access to a huge network in the UK, Germany and the rest of the world, the programme provides you with a highly valued qualification. We invite you to join this stimulating, challenging, but above all highly enjoyable, executive MBA programme.
Our recruitment is designed to attract experience and diversity, as we believe the greatest strength on an MBA programme comes from its participants.
The programme is intended for experienced managers across all sectors of industry and professions, as well as scientists, engineers, lawyers and other professionals with a university or “Fachhochschule” degree and at least 5 years relevant management-related experience.
An Executive MBA programme has to deliver benefits for all involved parties. The Durham University Business School & EBS Business School Executive MBA contains elements which encourage a variety of benefits.
Benefits for participants
- World class Executive MBA programme taught on a modular part-time basis to minimise the impact on continuing careers
- Combination of UK-specific and continental European management and business aspects
- International dual degree Executive MBA programme
- Latest academic thinking focuses on providing practical support for executives and organisations
- Strong management competencies combined with
- intercultural understanding create an open mind to deal with future challenges in a global world
- Career enhancement and salary increase
- Competencies and skills required of executives
- Impact on daily business
The dual degree Durham University Business School & EBS Business School Executive MBA is a 2-year, part-time programme with:
- two 6-day residentials in the UK
- eleven 3-day core courses (Thursday to Saturday) in Germany
- five 3-day elective courses in Germany or UK
- plus an optional 6-day International Study Experience abroad
- The programme commences in January each year.
To be considered for admission to the Executive MBA programme, we will expect you to
- hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
- be fluent in English
- have at least 5 years work experience
In addition, you should be able to demonstrate:
- an above-average level of motivation to handle the demanding workload and a willingness to contribute to the programme
- a portfolio of both managerial and interpersonal skills and experiences.
Submit required HZB (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung) documentation
- Certified copy of the Abiturzeugnis / High School Diploma
- Certified copy of the Bachelor / Master’s / Doctorate diploma certificate(s) and academic transcript(s) of courses and grades (Diplomurkunde and Zeugnis)
Submit a CV indicating ideally at least 5, but a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Work experience and internships prior to the completion of the Bachelor’s degree are typically not considered
- Work experience gained during doctoral studies may be considered
- Applicants with fewer than 3 years of work experience can be considered for admission contingent upon the level and type of prior professional experience on an exception basis only
English Language Competency
Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English. This be achieved in one of three ways:
- Either have completed at least one year of academic study or one year of work experience in a native English-speaking country within the last five years;
- Or submit an employer letter attesting to the level and extent of English usage in the workplace (i.e. primary working language):
- Or achieve the following test scores on any one of these three standardized English tests within 24 months of the programme start date:
- IELTS: overall score of 7.0 with no element below 6.0;
- Pearsons PTE Academic English Language: overall score of 70 with no element below 56.
The Durham University Business School & EBS Business School Executive MBA starts in January each year
The overall fees for the two-year Executive MBA programme are 32,500 euros.
An extensive package of services is included in this fee:
- Programme delivery (lectures, workshops, boardroom simulation etc.) at Durham University Business School and EBS Business School
- Exam fees
- Materials and literature for all core and selected elective modules
- Personal support from high-level faculty of Durham University Business School and EBS Business School
- Outdoor Development Exercise during Induction Programme
- International Study Week
- Lunch and refreshments for sessions at Durham University Business School and EBS Business School
- Accommodation during the sessions held in Durham
- Celebration dinner
It is possible to pay the fee in instalments. A non-refundable deposit of Euro 1,000 is required upon acceptance of a place.
Engineers can apply for special loans, such as the conditions in financing the programme to Festo Bildungsfonds.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 31, 2015