We are delighted to join forces for the new Cologne-Rotterdam Executive MBA. The programme has been established on the basis of mutual co-operation and respect between our two institutions.
It’s a well-established fact that Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of the top business schools in Europe. Over the past 45 years, its reputation for the quality of its research and teaching has resulted in strong and mutual bonds with multinational businesses based in the port city of Rotterdam.
The long history of the University of Cologne is one of world-class academic education, serving society in a region that can be described as one of the engine rooms of European industry, manufacturing and business.
EMBA: A partnership for your career
We consider the partnership between RSM and UoC a natural fit; a highly ranked university and a triple-accredited business school. This joint Executive MBA programme brings RSM’s expertise in delivering premium management education to Cologne, at the crossroads of Europe’s trade routes. The relationship builds on the strengths of both institutions and locations, and brings world-class management education to the Rhine-Ruhr area, putting it within easy reach of managers in the region.
Our exciting new EMBA programme promises valuable management skills, and we warmly invite you to find out more.
Management development programme
This intense and international professional development programme for managers has been developed by two esteemed institutions. It’s a 24-month Executive part-time MBA taught at the University of Cologne, and based on the top-ranked Executive MBA at RSM in Rotterdam – a programme long recognised for its truly international level of leadership and international exposure.
The Cologne-Rotterdam Executive MBA is designed to enhance the progression of your career by preparing you for senior management challenges and responsibilities in German and international business arenas.
This programme will improve your management skills at the same time as developing your leadership potential and advancing your personal brand. You can maintain your career momentum while bringing real added value to your company.
Building on the reputation of the University of Cologne as a university of excellence at the crossroads of Europe’s trade routes, and RSM’s top business school renown and global triple-crown accreditation, the Cologne-Rotterdam Executive MBA presents the opportunity to gain a prestigious dual degree; in 24 months you will be awarded with two degrees, one at UoC and one at RSM – in every way a highly respected academic qualification which will allow you to take your career to the next level.
Rotterdam has a characteristically vibrant and eclectic nature as a result of its long history of international trading; this, coupled with the open culture of Cologne as well as Germany’s tradition of manufacturing and industry brings the promise of an education that connects you with the world and a programme that embraces diversity.
The programme is highly selective, which means that your fellow students make for a unique and select network of globally-orientated managers. Your faculty are among the top academics in Europe; they will present the latest scientific research in a way that is designed for practical application in business during this academically rigorous programme.
The Cologne-Rotterdam Executive MBA is taught in English at the University of Cologne. It will prepare you for doing business across the globe and to help establish your authority to attract international clients.
Key benefits of our management training programs
Leadership and team-building skills
Develop your ability to bring out the best in people and yourself via our intense and participant-centred Personal Leadership Development programme.
Analytical and critical thinking
Change the way you think about business issues, deconstruct problems, and create strategies. Learn the techniques and frameworks used by the best business thinkers in the field.
Bring value to your current position and organisation through assignments that require you to apply what you learn in your day-to-day work.
International perspective and experience
Expand your understanding of business in different economic and cultural environments.
Broad general management knowledge
Gain a real understanding of the workings of all aspects of your organisation and its place in a globalising economy.
Long-term Career Impact
- Improved performance in your organisation and recognition as a professional with ambition and advanced knowledge.
- The knowledge and credentials to succeed in a senior management position, acknowledged by the entire business community.
- A changed perception of yourself and a change in the perception others have of you; personal and professional empowerment.
- New connections with executives representing companies that support the Executive MBA events and activities.
- A global corporate network of the talented international peers within the programme, as well as those from both University of Cologne and RSM. You will join alumni from all our degree programmes – some 49,000 professionals in over 80 countries.
- Alumni activities and lifelong learning in a growing community; annual class reunions, regional chapters, industry-specific affinity groups, discussion panels and conferences, plus social events.
Application criteria and requirements
The EMBA is a top programme, and the EMBA student body consists of only the most exceptional candidates that undergo a rigorous application process. In order to be eligible for this programme, you will need to demonstrate:
- Professional achievements and goals: a minimum of four years of postgraduate work experience. This experience should demonstrate clear evidence of solid career progression
- Academic excellence: a university degree or equivalent*
- Proficiency in the English language: a strong command of the English language
- Leadership abilities: experience managing people or projects
- Appreciation of diversity: ability to communicate effectively across cultures and to value for points of view that are different from your own
- Team skills: interest in sharing career experiences within small team sessions or in larger classroom settings
- Communication skills: essays and an interview will be used to assess your ability to effectively convey your thoughts and ideas
- Personal qualities: flexibility and a good sense of humour - these qualities will help in any and most situations in such a diverse community
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 7, 2016